yield: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 7 Minutes
- 4 – 3 oz. Filet Medallions
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut off ends,
quarter then cut each quarter in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper, 1-inch dice
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 16-20 kalamata olives, halved
- ½ English cucumber, quartered
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 9 oz. container roasted garlic hummus
- 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 4 pita rounds, warmed and cut into triangles
- 1 C. whole grain red bulgur
- 1 C. plain, Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ tsp. fresh dill, chopped
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- Prepare the sauce first.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use. Best if made a day in advance to allow the flavors to blend.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut filet medallions into 6 pieces each and bring to room temperature.
- Season with ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, onion and bell pepper with olive oil, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Skewer the filet pieces with the tomatoes, onion and pepper.
- Oil grill grates then add the kabobs.
- Cook, covered, turning occasionally until the filet is cooked to your desired level of doneness; about 7 minutes for medium.
- Remove filet and vegetables from the skewers.
- While kabobs are cooking, prepare the bulgar according to package directions.
- Divide the bulgar among four bowls.
- Top each with filet, tomatoes, onion, peppers, olives, cucumber, feta and hummus.
- Drizzle with sauce and serve with warmed pita triangles.