Filet Tip Poutine
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 – 26 oz. bag frozen fast food style crispy fries
- 2 – 8 oz. packages filet tips
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 10 oz. cheese curds
- ¼ C. unsalted butter
- 1/3 C. flour
- 3 C. reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven and bake fries as directed.
- While fries are baking, toss the filet tips with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a heavy bottomed skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the filet tips and cook 2-3 minutes per side then remove from the pan; set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, whisking continuously.
- Slowly add the beef broth and whisk to incorporate.
- Turn heat back up to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, reduce heat and simmer, whisking frequently, for 15 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- When the fries are done, divide them among four plates.
- Top each with equal amounts of filet tips and cheese curds.
- Top with a generous amount of hot gravy.