Sweet & smoky BBQ Sauce
yield: 2 cups | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 Minutes
- 2 ¼ C. ketchup
- 6 Tbsp. quality apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ C. light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 ¼ tsp. mustard powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together all the ingredients until well blended.
- Turn stove on medium heat and bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- When it reaches a boil, turn heat down, cover (with the lid slightly askew to allow for some evaporation) and simmer for 10-15 minutes; stir occasionally.
- When sauce has reached desired thickness, remove from the heat.
- Sauce can be used immediately or can be cooled and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.