Surf & Turf Bowl
with Garlic Pepper Sauce
yield: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 Minutes
- 2 – 8 oz. pkg. Filet Tips, room temperature
- 12 oz. tail-off, peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 8 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp. crushed rosemary
- 12 oz. pkg. riced cauliflower
- 16 oz. diced hash brown potatoes, frozen
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- ¾ C. low-sodium beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- ½ C. heavy cream
- ½ tsp. corn starch
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Cut filet tips so they are all close to the same size.
- In a large bowl, add the shrimp, mushrooms, broccoli, 4 Tbsp. melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, oregano and 1 tsp. rosemary. Toss to coat.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- In the same bowl, toss the filet tips with the remaining 2 Tbsp. melted butter.
- Bake the shrimp mixture for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the filet tips.
- Bake an additional 5-6 minutes.
- While the bowl ingredients are baking, start the sauce, potatoes and riced cauliflower.
- Cook the riced cauliflower according to package directions (usually about 5 minutes in the microwave). Leave in the bag until ready to assemble the bowls.
- Put the potatoes in a large non-stick skillet and add 6 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Cook over med-high heat for 11-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium skillet, add the garlic, brandy, beef broth and pepper.
- Heat on medium heat, bringing the mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat at cook until reduced by half (about 5 minutes).
- Whisk the cornstarch into the cream until well blended.
- Pour the cream into the sauce and whisk until the mixture returns to a simmer.
- Keep at a simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- If desired, pour the sheet pan drippings into the sauce and whisk to combine.
Assembling the Bowls
- Divide the riced cauliflower among four bowls.
- Top with equal amounts of the tips, shrimp, broccoli, mushrooms and potatoes.
- Drizzle with garlic pepper sauce.