STrip Steak SAndwich
with Worcestershire Aioli
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 45 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 7 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 – 12 oz. NY Strip Steaks
- Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large, yellow onions, sliced into ¼” strips
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 slices of crusty bread, toasted
- 4 Tbsp. horseradish cheddar spread (or beer cheese)
- Leaf lettuce
To prepare aioli -
- Whisk all the ingredients together until well blended; store in refrigerator until ready to use for up to 7 days.
To prepare sandwiches -
- Season the steaks, coast to coast, with the Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning.
- Preheat grill to high and let the grates get hot.
- While grill is preheating, heat a large skillet or pot on med-high heat and add the butter to the pan.
- When the butter is melted and sizzling, add the onions.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until they start to become transparent.
- Turn heat down to med-low and sprinkle onions with salt.
- Stir occasionally until the onions are soft and browned; about 25-35 minutes. If they start to get dry, you can add a tablespoon of water (or sherry vinegar) as needed.
- Place steaks on the grill, close the cover, and grill for two minutes. Flip them over and cook for another two minutes, lid closed.
- Move steaks to a med-hot area of the grill and cook until desired temperature is reached.
- Remove from the grill and allow them to rest 5-10 minutes then thinly slice.
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading 1 Tbsp. of cheese on 4 pieces of toasted bread and aioli on the other 4 pieces.
- Top the cheese side with leaf lettuce, 6 oz. of steak, and ¼ of the onions. Top with the aioli side of bread.