with Tzatziki Sauce
with Tzatziki Sauce
yield: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 35 minutes | Cook time: 11 Minutes
- ½ English cucumber, finely grated
- 1 C. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh mint
- 2 – NY Strip Steaks
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or avocado oil
- 2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 4 soft tortilla wraps
- 8 large leaves romaine lettuce
- ½ C. fresh parsley, leaves picked from stems
- 3 Campari tomatoes, sliced
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Place grated cucumber in a clean dish towel or cheesecloth and wring out any excess water.
- In a medium bowl, add the drained cucumber and the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- Stir until well blended, cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and smoked paprika on the steaks and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. oil over med-high heat until it starts to smoke.
- Add the steaks and sear each side for 1-2 minute.
- Place steaks on the baking sheet and bake until they are 5 degrees shy of your desired finished temperature (about 5-7 minutes for med-rare). Remove from the oven and place the steaks on a cutting board. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the steak into thin strips.
- To assemble the wraps, place two pieces of lettuce on each wrap.
- Spread 2 Tbsp. tzatziki sauce over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp. parsley over the sauce then top with tomato, cucumber and onion.
- Fold in the sides of the wraps an inch or two, then take the side closest to you and fold over the ingredients, tucking it in and pulling the wrap tight.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Cut in half and serve with more sauce for dipping if desired.