Ribeye With Grilled PEaches
Yield: 2 servings | Prep Time: 30 minutes + Marinating | Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 2 – Boneless Ribeyes
- 3 large peaches halved and pitted
- Olive oil
- ¼ C. olive oil
- ¼ C. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh, chopped basil
- 2 tsp. fresh, chopped thyme
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
Honey Butter for Peaches:
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- ½ tsp. fresh, chopped thyme
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- Prepare marinade by whisking together the olive oil, vinegar, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place steaks in a resealable bag or a container and pour marinade over steaks. Allow to marinate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator an hour before grilling.
- Prepare honey butter by stirring together the honey, butter, thyme and pepper until smooth. If not using it within a couple of hours, cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before use.
- Preheat grill on high for 15 minutes. Once preheated, clean the grates and oil them with a high temperature oil.
- Brush the cut sides of the peaches with olive oil.
- Place them cut side down on the grill and brush the other side with honey butter. Grill for 3 minutes.
- Flip and brush the cut side of the peaches with the honey butter. Grill an additional 3 minutes. Remove from the grill when slightly softened and grill marked. Remove from grill and set aside (or prepare simultaneously with the steaks).
- Remove steaks from the marinade and pat them dry with a paper towel. Place the steaks on the hot grill and sear one side for 2 minutes.
- Flip steaks over and sear the second side for 2 minutes. Reduce heat and continue to cook, flipping every 2 minutes until the steaks have reached 5 degrees shy of your desired finished temperature.
- Allow steaks to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with grilled peaches.