Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 filet medallions (12 oz.)
- 2-3 Tbsp. avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Bosc pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ Tbsp. chili paste
- 6 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp. brown sugar or honey
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Season both sides of the medallions with salt and pepper; set aside and allow to come to room temperature.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the pear, garlic and ginger.
- Pour into a small saucepan.
- Add the chili paste, soy sauce, sugar, and oil; whisk to combine.
- Heat on medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the mixture is reduced by half.
- While sauce is reducing, heat a large skillet to medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add avocado oil and heat for 30 seconds.
- Place medallions in the skillet and cook until a nice sear has formed; flip over and continue to cook, turning occasionally, until the desired temperature is reached (about 10 minutes for med-rare).
- Remove from pan and allow to rest, keeping lightly covered to keep warm.
- When sauce is reduced, serve over medallions.