Filet with Chimichurri
yield: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes + 3 Hours marinating (optional) | Cook time: 12 Minutes
- 4 – 6 oz. Filets
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (about ¼ C.)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ C. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ C. chopped cilantro
- ¼ C. chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped, fresh oregano
- ½ C. extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, whisk together the shallot, garlic, red pepper flakes, vinegar and salt. Set aside and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro, parsley and oregano.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until well blended.
- If using as a marinade, pour half of the mixture into a sealable bag, or a glass or ceramic dish and add the filets. Turn them to coat the entire steak. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Reserve the remaining sauce for serving with the cooked steaks (keep refrigerated).
- Before cooking, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Pat them dry before cooking.
- To cook, preheat grill to high and oil the grates.
- Place the steaks on the grill for two minutes, then flip and cook the other side for two minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium and continue cooking, flipping every two minutes, until the steaks have reached 5 degrees below your desired level of doneness.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- While steaks are cooking, remove reserved sauce from the refrigerator, whisk and allow to come to room temperature.
- Serve by topping the steaks with the sauce.