Filet Tip Burritos
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 – 8 oz. packets Filet Tips
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 C. quality salsa
- 1 C. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ C. instant brown rice
- 1 – 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinse
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 – 10-inch tortillas
- ½ C. queso fresco or shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ C. cilantro
- ½ C. guacamole
- Dry the filet tips with paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, toss the tips with the oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the salsa, broth and lime juice and bring to a boil.
- Immediately add the rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the black beans and stir to combine. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes uncovered.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over med-high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tips and cook, flipping to sear all sides, for 3-5 minutes. Remove smaller pieces earlier so they don’t overcook.
- Place tortillas, each separated by a damp paper towel, on a microwave safe plate and heat for 30-45 seconds.
- Place tortillas on a large cutting board.
- Fill the center of each tortilla with the warm rice mixture, filet tips, 2 Tbsp. cheese, 2 Tbsp. cilantro and 2 Tbsp. guacamole (alternatively, the guacamole can be served on the side).
- Fold in the sides of the tortilla about a quarter of the way.
- Bring the side of the tortilla closest to you over the top of the filling and tuck it in tightly, while holding the side folds.
- Roll up tightly into a burrito.
- If desired, heat a skillet to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Toast each rolled burrito for about 1-2 minutes per side, starting with the seam side.
- Cut in half to serve.
TIP: Make sure the tortillas are warm and steamy. They will be much easier to roll.