yield: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 Minutes
- 4 – 6 oz. Filets
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp. minced shallots
- ¼ C. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh tarragon
(or 2 tsp. dried tarragon)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 9 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and hot
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Prepare filets as desired (grilled, pan fried, etc.) cooking until they are 10 degrees shy of your desired temperature. Set aside and tent with foil.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add the shallots, vinegar, pepper and 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon (or 2 tsp. dried tarragon).
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until all but about 2 tsp. of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a blender and add the egg yolks.
- Puree on medium speed until the yolks are well blended, about 1 minute.
- With the blender running on low, slowly add the hot butter (about 120°F) until the mixture is emulsified. You will want to take around 30-45 seconds to pour in all the butter. Turn the speed up to medium and blend another 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice and salt and blend 10 seconds.
- Top each filet with a generous portion of sauce.
TIP: This sauce will hold at 130°F in a sous vide but does not reheat well. Best if used shortly after being prepared. If you do not have a sous vide, you can pour boiling water into a glass food jar, let it sit for a minute, pour out the water and pour the sauce into the jar. Place a lid on the jar and it will hold for about 30 minutes.